Friday, August 5, 2011

The Tale of my iPhone

My iPhone has had a rough life. We got them in the end of November 2010 and we aren't able to renew our contract in order to get discounted phones until July 2012.

The following 3 incidents have made me come very close to having to fork over a large amount of money in order to replace/fix it.

1. In March of this year while I was giving Jimmer a bath it fell out of my hoodie pocket into the bath water. I swear to you it was only in the water for 2 seconds tops. However, it got water in the speaker and had to spend the night and following day in a bowl of rice. Luckily, I was able to hear people when they called me again after the rehab.

2. Sometime in the beginning of the summer it again was immersed in water. This time however, it was for much longer. I had it sitting on the counter while I was doing the dishes (which up until this point was not an uncommon occurrence). When I was done I went to pick it up and realized that it was in a pool of water. Awesome. The damage was more extensive this time and after a couple of nerve racking days that included horrible water marks on the screen and very shoddy battery life, left me with a slightly starry background. I hardly even notice it anymore.

3. When we bought our iPhones the lady helping us strongly urged us - to the point of nearly forcing us - to buy covers for our phones. At that time we opted not to because they were more money and it changes the whole look of the phone. I should have taken her advice. This is close to what my phone now looks like. The cracks on mine are more focused on the top right corner and not quite as extensive. This can be fixed, however, it does cost $125 dollars. I am having a hard time convincing myself to fork out the money when my phone functions perfectly. So until it stops working or July of next year, my phone will have lovely cracks in it. I do now have a case though. Hopefully that will prevent any further cracking of my screen.

Moral of the story: treat your iPhone with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment