Monday, August 22, 2011

California Adventures

A week and a half ago we had the opportunity to spend the weekend in California! We started out in San Diego where Hunter had an Ultimate Frisbee tournament (I'll let him post pictures and go more in depth - hint hint Husband ;) ).

Before the games began though, we were able to go to the San Diego temple. Rest assured, it is even more beautiful in person. I'm not sure why I didn't realize how truly beautiful it was before this trip.


Despite the fact that our bodies were used to 95 degree weather, not 70 degree weather, we did play in the ocean! It took me until Sunday to be able to not freeze in my swimsuit. Haha.


Ah, how I love the ocean! Isn't it majestic?


I truly experienced crab for the first time in my life. Hunter convinced me to try it and I am glad that I let him. I definitely was not disappointed. Not only did it taste great, I also enjoyed the texture - which, if you know me, is a big deal especially when it comes to sea food.


Next stop: Disneyland!


When we were on the Buzz Lightyear ride, fighting Zurg's army, we got stopped. I figured it was a good picture opportunity, astro blasters and all.


There was a petting zoo in Adventureland. This goat was particularly friendly. It couldn't get enough of Hunter's arm...


...and tried to eat my hair. haha. 


This picture feels very honeymoon-ish, but it is close enough to our first anniversary to count for that, right?


Even though I have been to Disneyland a couple times (this was Hunter's first time), I have never before seen the parade. We did this time around and I am glad we opted to stay. It was fun, exciting, and very Disney. Here are a few pictures:



The curls in the princess's hair were CRAZY! I don't even know how much hairspray they had to use to make it stay as stiff as it was.





We made it a point to hit up all the classic Disneyland rides. We went to Splash Mountain pretty early because we wanted to be sure we wouldn't be waiting in line all day. Little did we know we would get a whole cart to ourselves!


We also hit up Space Mountain which was easily the biggest hit of the day. Whoever had the idea to create an indoor roller coaster was a genius! Both of us LOVED this ride. My only memories of this ride stemmed from a trip to Disneyland when I was about 8 I think. I remembered it as dark, weird and maybe a little scary. There was a child behind us about that age who came off crying and I think that was probably my reaction first go around. This time however, I could appreciate the true amazingness that is Space Mountain.


As you can tell from the two pictures above, apparently I make ridiculous faces when riding on roller coasters.

All in all, the weekend was a huge success. It was very relaxing and nice to be able to spend so much time with just Hunter. It was exactly what the Doctor ordered. I'm sure that our Riviera Maya vacation coming up in September will be just as amazing! 

While we were vacationing, this little dog stayed with my family. 


Despite the PTSD post Jimmer that Hunter and I, as well as my family, were experiencing, it went really well! Ameya had the time of her life running all around the big back yard and living life country style and my family (particularly my mom) loved having her constant companionship. It was a good practice run for when we are gone for a full week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment