Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Confessions of a Bake-aholic

Hi, my name is Tiffany and I am addicted to baking.

Now, we know that I have always really enjoyed baking but over the course of the last month or so it has grown more into an obsession - in large part due to Annie's Eats. Believe it or not, I have even grown quite fond of cooking. I have always had a pretty fearless attitude in the kitchen, but up until now have stuck mostly with simple things. Now, however, I find myself trying all sorts of recipes. Hunter encourages this by choosing whatever looks the most difficult in the category I give him. Exhibit A: Banana Split Cupcakes. I even took the time to make Eggplant Parmesan a couple weeks ago - something I would never have dreamed of doing previously due to an irrational fear of doing something horribly wrong with the eggplant. Often, in my spare time, I find myself looking at recipe blogs and searching for more things to try. This all works out very well for Hunter because the quality, as well as variety, of our meals has greatly increased.

The only thing that hasn't really worked for me thus far is pizza and only because I don't currently (key word) have a pizza peel. The dough was delicious as was the tomato sauce and I'm sure my topping choices would have been delightful if they had ever made it onto the pizza. At great risk of mockery, here is the picture I took to send to Hunter (who was at work at the time) of my disastrous attempt:

Needless to say, there is no good way to transfer a pizza from the counter to the pizza stone without a pizza peel. Fear not, I will have one soon and this wrong will be righted.

I should probably take pictures of my successes. I promise there have been far more of those.

What I really want to make right now is a Neapolitan Layer Cake. My only previous attempt at a layer cake was on Valentine's Day when I made a Red Velvet Cake. It wasn't perfect, but I was pretty proud of my first attempt ever at layering cake. Unfortunately, this desire will have to be postponed until after we move. I will be sure to take pictures, as long as it is successful.

For the sake of posting a picture of something that looks somewhat appetizing, here is a picture of a Chocolate Raspberry Torte I made earlier in the year. My pictures don't look nearly as appetizing as Annie's do, but I can work on that too. Haha.

My husband is in full support of my addiction and I don't see any sort of rehab for it anytime in the near or distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment