Monday, November 29, 2010

i am thankful

For Thanksgiving this year, Hunter and I were able to go spend the whole weekend with my family. We went to Parowan Wednesday night after I got off work and drove home on snowy roads last night. It was so much fun!

Thursday, obviously, was Thanksgiving and we mostly ate a lot of food. It was fun to have Hunter with my family and experiencing Thanksgiving Heidenreich style for the first time. We ate some amazing turkey, and don't forget about the pies. True Heidenreich style is to eat a lot of pie. In fact, I think my mom had to make 3 extra pies throughout the weekend because we kept eating so much.

Friday I experience my first black friday shopping. We went to St. George, went to the temple, and then the shopping commenced. It was somewhat difficult considering the fact that Hunter and I were shopping for each other and didn't want the other to see what we were buying. Basically we would drive to a store then split up and not see each other until we were back in the car ready for the next store. My mom came with us so she was able to mediate and take the keys to each of us when we were ready to stash our goods in the car.

Saturday was a lazy day, but we definitely enjoyed the relaxation. We played a lot of Mario Party and bowling on the Wii, as well as Sequence and Phase 10.

Sunday was church, dinner and the drive home. We had so much fun and are so grateful for great family that we were able to spend our first Thanksgiving with.

No comments:

Post a Comment