Thursday, November 7, 2013

Maternity Shoot + Another Growth Check + Random Thoughts

9 weeks ago I had the opportunity to go home and have a baby shower. I am soooo glad I did! It was so good to see everyone and celebrate this sweet baby boy with friends and family who now live so far away. I would like to give a special thanks again to all those who came and brought/shipped gifts to help us prepare for our baby's arrival. 

While I was there, I was able to do a Maternity shoot with one of my old coworkers, the same one who did our family photos a year and a half or so ago. You can find more of her work here. Here are some of my favorites:






I was 28 weeks along when these photos were taken and I thought my belly was so big then. Little did I know just how big it would get! Looking back, my belly was solo tiny then!

As for a more current update, baby is looking great! He is still big, and I got to have another ultrasound this week to see just how big he is so my doctors know what they are dealing with at delivery. The verdict: at 36 weeks 4 days he was estimated to be 7 lbs 11 oz, which puts him in the 95th percentile. Um, wow? haha. However, the doctor estimates that he will be around 8 1/2 or 9 lbs at birth which I feel great about! I'm not sure how that relates to him currently being 95th percentile because I feel like 8 1/2 to 9 isn't 95th percentile big. We'll see technically any day now! 

It's funny how for the last 6 or 7 weeks all I have wanted is for it to be time. I've had lots of thoughts of "am I there yet?" or "can I please just be 37 weeks?" and now that I"m there my thoughts have shifted to "go ahead and hang out just a little longer baby" and "a couple more weeks would be great". haha. Don't get me wrong - I am soooo excited and getting more so every single day! It would just be such better timing in a couple weeks. Not that I really have any say in it, this one is all up to baby!

Also, we seem to be in a bit of a naming crisis. We have been settled with two names for weeks, but now that the time is here, it seems like such a big deal! Naming a child is such a huge responsibility. This little boy will be stuck with the name that we give him FOREVER! Current options include (in no particular order): Kieran, Liam, Kyran, Kellan, Asher, and Breccan. Maybe we'll settle on one of those or choose something completely different. One thing we know for certain though: they don't let you leave the hospital until the baby has a name, so we'll have to decide fairly quickly after he's born. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Not that I feel that others opinions are super important in the naming of our child, but because any thoughts that others may have will resonate with us and spur us in a particular direction. 

That's all I've got for now! Maybe the next update will be of the birth of our child! 

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing, Tiff! :) And good luck with choosing a name, that's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Tiff! Personally I like the name Kieran, but whatever you go with will be a great name for your baby!

    ReplyDelete