Saturday, November 9, 2013

37 Weeks!

There is a term baby in that belly!


I know they recently changed the rules to full term being 39 weeks, so I'll just settle with calling our little man term because even according to the new rules, 37 weeks is considered "early" term. Plus, I made it through most of my pregnancy with 37 being considered full term so I should get to abide by those standards still, right? haha. 

This is the part where I tell a lot of specifics about this particular pregnancy so feel free to stop here and proceed with something else if you'd like, if not, read away, but know that you have been warned. 

Besides being nauseous every minute of my life for the first 14 weeks (well technically not the whole 14 - I did okay until 6 which is when it really hit), this has been a really easy pregnancy. I have had very few of the horrible symptoms associated with being pregnant. Even still, I have suffered very little back pain which is beyond common by now. I'm not super uncomfortable either - yes, it is a tragedy anytime I need to retrieve something from the floor, and I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again, but those are just minor inconveniences compared to what I could be feeling. Probably the most prominent symptom I have had is I swear I am going blind. Which happens, I'm told, compliments of the hormones. Some days are definitely worse than others but they say not to do anything about it because it should go away at delivery. I did randomly have an eye test when I started working out here and I score 20/25 - which isn't the goal, but still not to the point that they even treat yet. But again, of all the things I could be experiencing, I feel like this is pretty minimal.

However, I have made up for my lack of unpleasant symptoms by being in the minority on a lot of random things pregnancy related. None of them bad, just different from the norm. The biggest one is the two vessel cord, because there is a small chance of problems there but obviously not with my baby. There were also the choroid plexus cysts, which are completely gone now and were a normal part of our baby's development. Then I failed my glucose screen and had to do the 3 hour glucose tolerance test - which was perfectly normal, thankfully. Next up, I was (hopefully not anymore) anemic and have been taking Iron supplements my whole third trimester. We found out this week that I am Group B Strep positive so I will need antibiotics in labor and if my water breaks before I go into labor I will be induced. None of these things have had a negative impact or are really a big deal, but for some reason I am one of the lucky few that gets to experience all of them. Again though, that's okay because they haven't really effected my life negatively or really at all besides a few extra minutes of my time here and there. 

Anyway, that is my pregnancy is a wrap! Here's to hoping that labor goes as smoothly as the pregnancy did and that future pregnancies will follow suit!

1 comment:

  1. Boo. I just wrote a whole comment and blogspot erased it! Oh, well, basically you go ahead and call yourself "term!" And I can't wait until you have him so we can talk about the craziness of having a newborn! Yay! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete