Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Dirty Dash

Another thing we have done to kick off our summer was run The Dirty Dash. It is easily my favorite race thus far. I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever been that dirty before. We trudged through multiple mud pits that had consistencies similar to soup, milk shakes, or just dirty water. There were sprinklers on at almost every obstacle, and if not sprinklers then snow makers. We climbed up a rope wall, went through tunnels, jumped over hurdles, army crawled through mud bombs, jumped in the reservoir, went through a lake that was at times waist/chest deep (easily the most disgusting part), and went down a slip 'n slide. Every step contributed to the final mud mess that we became. If you are looking to run a race and want something to break up the monotony of just running, I highly recommend participating in a Dirty Dash. Unless you absolutely abhor being dirty, I am fairly confident you will love every minute just like we did!

It is actually a really big event - there were 10,000 racers yesterday. There were heats that started every 20 minutes all day long. I didn't expect to see even a third of the people that were there yesterday. It was fun to see all the different ways people dressed up and there were some pretty funny costumes. 

Here are our numbers, pre-race obviously.


Before and after shots. I promise Hunter is every bit as dirty as I am, it's just harder to see the drastic change in his already mud colored shirt. 


Doesn't this picture just make you want to go run in the mud? Yes? I thought so.


Don't worry, they provide showers at the end so we were able to successfully drive home without making a complete mess of the car. But, my shower when I got home was still pretty dirt filled. 

This is definitely something we will be doing again - probably as early as September. If anyone wants to team up we could dress up crazy and make a really good time out of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, how much is it to do? I might be around in September and I've always wanted to do one of these!

    ReplyDelete