Saturday, June 2, 2012

Angel's Landing

We started our summer off with a bang and there are only more exciting (not necessarily more exciting than what has already come to pass but a continuation of exciting) things to come! It is looking like a summer of checking things off the Bucket List. Count on multiple blog posts over the next few days, now that we have a little bit of downtime. 

First on our list: Angel's Landing in Zion National Park.

I have visited Zion's National Park before (seeing as I'm from Southern Utah) but Hunter never had. I couldn't feel good about myself if I allowed us to move out of Utah without Hunter experiencing this wonder at least once. Before my brother's graduation (post to come soon), we had a free day and jumped on the opportunity since we were already going south. Hunter did some research and decided that the hike for us was Angel's Landing. I said that sounded good and didn't really think much about it until right before we went. Little did I know that this is one of the hardest hikes in the park! The hike was definitely worth all the effort we put in and we both loved it. 

We even took pictures so you can get a little taste of the beauty:




There were little chipmunks all over the place. We tried multiple times to take a picture of one and eventually we were successful.



Where's Waldo?


The above picture was taken from the top of all the hikers that were soon going to join us. Can we say crazy incline? haha.



Acting on one of my friends suggestions, we decided to play a game on top. Our game of choice was Battleship. I cannot even tell you how many comments we got. People seemed to think it was quite hilarious that we thought the top of Angel's Landing was an appropriate place to play a game. After losing horribly the first round, I went on to win the best of 3. This game turned out to be a huuuuge hit over the weekend with my family as well (little Leo was a big fan).






I wasn't kidding about the crazy incline and here is my proof. Switchbacks anyone? haha. This picture doesn't even show all of them or the worst of them.


It was such a beautiful hike and I am happy we had the opportunity to go! If we can fit it into our busy summer schedule we are going to try and go hike The Narrows later this year. Angel's Landing was a perfect way to kick off our summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment