Friday, September 9, 2011

For Melissa

Almost 2 weeks ago one of my very best friends lost her significant other in a tragic motorcycle accident. My heart continues to break for her. 

Yesterday I was able to see her for the first time. I haven't been sure what to do or say, but one thing I do know is how to bake. Baking is how I cope and in a small way how I hope to show others that I care. So I baked these Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and took them with me. Just days before the accident Melissa and I were talking about having these to indulge my baking habit and it gave us a good excuse to get together.


While these were not the circumstances we were hoping to experience these cookies in, I'm glad I was able to see her. Her incredible strength in the face of such a tragic situation gives me strength. 

Because Melissa was one of my bridesmaids, I was hoping that I would have a picture of her and Alan. I looked through all of our wedding pictures to see what I could find. While it isn't the best picture, I am glad that I was able to find it. 


They were such a cute, happy couple. Hunter and I loved every minute we were able to spend with them. We will miss Alan along with many, many others. 

Here is a link to the new article and his obituary.

My heart and prayers are with you, Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment