Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Parowan Fun

This last weekend we were went to Parowan to spend some time with my family. We did so many fun things, it is hard to remember them all. I will let pictures tell at least some of the story...

One of the things on our agenda was family pictures! It has been years since we last took a family picture and Hunter hasn't been part of one yet, so that was kinda fun.

Of course we had to include our cute puppies (the big dog pictured above is Inky, my families black lab that we have had since I was 12).


Because we somehow missed getting a sister's picture at my wedding, we made it a point to get one.

 And one of all the girls...

Other than family pictures, we played some Risk, Phase 10, and the dice game that they play in Pirates of the Caribbean. My mom, sister, and I got a pedicure and watched Water for Elephants. We also went shopping and had some Cafe Rio (Hunter was included in those two). We had BBQ hamburgers on Saturday and BBQ steak and chicken on Sunday - both of which filled my craving for good BBQ food. No good BBQ is complete without smores - and if you are a Heidenreich (or from Parowan I think) roasted starburst. My favorite moment while making smores was when Kenny took some starburst out to roast and was really alarmed when he pulled out red starburst after red starburst. Turns out we had bought the all reds bag. He learned that the hard way. It was so funny and he was so confused. 

Our puppies were in little dog heaven all weekend. They got to run around and dig to their little hearts content. Because the weather was nice, we left the sliding glass door open so that they could come and go as they pleased. Happy side note - there were considerable fewer accidents inside this way. At least they are getting the general idea on potty training. haha. One night I took Jimmer out to go potty and shut the screen door behind me. Because it was dark, I think Jimmer forgot the door was there and when he went to jump inside he ran smack into it then took a few steps back in confusion. That was another one of many highlights of the weekend. 

On our last day down there, they both really got into digging. When Jimmer is really riled up he will try to dig on his bed, or a blanket, etc. He really gets into it, but it is a very different story when he is actually digging in the dirt. He was flinging dirt a good 6 feet behind him. By the end of the day they had a hole big enough for Ameya to be completely hidden in. Jimmer's white fur had turned a tannish color and they both had dirt all over their noses and eyes. Needless to say, their baths when we got home were some of the dirtiest I have ever seen. haha. 

Here are our little brown nosers. 

All in all, it was a very fun weekend! We had a blast hanging out with my whole family and getting away for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment