Friday, October 5, 2012

Meet Lacy!

After selling Focus, it was time to get a new car. As I mentioned before we started with a waiting period of 3-8 weeks. Lucky for us, we were much closer to the 3 week side of things. I was getting very good at biking to work though. In fact, it may or may not have inspired me to do a triathalon in the near future. 

For a number of reasons (the biggest of which being the size of payments during PA school), we opted for a lease - which means I am driving a brand new car!! Notice our starting mileage...


I am happy to introduce Lacy, our 2013 Subaru Legacy. The name is derived from Legacy - Lega and Gacy weren't acceptable as names so we took the first and last part of the name aaaaand...Lacy!



So far I am loooooving having a new car! It still doesn't feel real and feels more like I am on an extended test drive. I even have to admit that as much as I fought against getting an automatic (almost to the point of ordering a manual), I don't mind the new automatic. I am also loving the sunroof far more than I expected. Pretty much everything is new and shiny and wonderful. The bluetooth and ability to talk on my phone through a speaker in my car are very nice features as well. When winter hits I am sure my favorite features will change to things like heated seats, side mirror defrosters, and all wheel drive. When the day comes, it will fit car seats wonderfully as well. We are very pleased with our purchase (even though it was a very large one) and look forward to some smooth driving ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment