Friday, November 4, 2011

My Obsession: Food

I have an obsession with food. I've always rather enjoyed food, but recently it has come far more to the forefront of my life. I'm sure this has to with my recent spike in cooking/baking. It's a love hate relationship that I have with food though. We are currently in a hate cycle, allow me to explain why.

I wish I could subsist entirely off of baked goods and ice cream. I don't only have a sweet tooth, I'm pretty sure I have a whole mouth full of sweet teeth. I would far prefer a cookie, brownie, some sort of pumpkin/banana bread, cake, or cupcake over any sort of savory food. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good meal to be certain, but dessert is always the best part. I'm sure that this is why I prefer baking to cooking.

This is also where the hate part of my relationship with food stems from. I strongly dislike choosing things to make for dinner. Whenever I look through food blogs or cookbooks, I always stray to the desserts - mainly because they are what sound good to me. Choosing food that will satisfy both me and Hunter? Way to big of a chore to enjoy. Not all the time, only when food and I are on the outs. It would be a wonderful thing if there was a button we could push that would make us full - giving us all the nutrients that we get from not dessert foods - so we could skip the dinner and move straight to the dessert....every meal. I'm pretty sure Hunter wouldn't complain all that much. I'd even still eat breakfast - cereal, oatmeal, waffles, french toast - all yummy sweet foods.

If only this could become my reality. Life would be so much easier and tastier, not to mention sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment