Monday, April 11, 2011

More Jimmerisms

Over the last couple weeks we have started to trust Jimmer inside more when we aren't home. His potty training has been going very well and accidents are rare - even when we leave him inside for hours at a time by himself. Every time when we get home we quickly inspect the house to make sure that there are no messes waiting for us.

Due to our work schedules, I am almost always awake before Hunter. This morning was no different. I woke up, took Jimmer out, and we were just hanging out in the living room.  Jimmer was a little distraught because he is used to being with Hunter in the morning and me in the evening and I was breaking the routine. As such, he was running around and not really sure what was going on. I wasn't watching his every move, but I had a general idea where he was most of the time. After one of his excursions into another room he dropped something on the floor by the couch I was sitting on. I looked down and there was poop on the floor. My first reaction was "seriously dog? we JUST came in from a potty break!" However; after looking more closely at the poop it looked old. When I picked it up it was cold and crumbling. There was no way this was a recent poop. It had to be at least days old. I have absolutely no idea where that poop came from. I look so carefully whenever I get home and he's inside alone (I am paranoid with slight trust issues) and have never found anything other than pee. It completely baffles my mind that I didn't find it before.

At least he cleans up after his messes, right? Even if it is a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment