Monday, July 16, 2012

Our 4th Festivities

Happy 4th of July! Almost two weeks ago. haha.

About mid June Hunter had me mysteriously sign a paper without letting me see what it was I was signing with the only disclaimer of "trust him". 

Trust him I did and it was the 4th that I learned what it was I had agreed to. It was papers for a 5k! Hunter had registered us for the Murray Fun Days 5k. Ironically enough, it was the first 5k that I had ever run and the first one Hunter had run in 10 years (the last one: high school cross country).


We ran it with a couple friends that are running the Ragnar with us as well (or maybe we are running it with them - same thing either way I suppose). I am the slow one of the bunch, but I'm cool with it because at least I can run the whole way and finish! Hunter is a rock star and placed 5th in his division running the whole thing in about 22 minutes. Insane? I think so. He was pretty excited about that and of course I was as well!

It was really interesting hearing all the awards read through afterwards. There were a lot of people in their 70s and 80s who ran. Also, people in their 50s and 60s can still run surprisingly fast. We were seriously impressed. Rewards were followed by the longest raffle I have ever seen or participated in. They had some surprisingly good prizes. 

We finished our holiday off with watching the new Men in Black and, of course, fireworks. We were in a good location that enabled us to see the Sandy City fireworks as well as the post Real Game fireworks. While we really enjoyed it, needless to say, Ameya did not. She behaved very well though and didn't even bark or growl once at the whole crowd of people surrounding us. 

All in all: another good day. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment